Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cold wet and fenceless

Here it is Wednesday, June 1st and I am no where near where I want to be with the garden. Last weekend was so cold, windy, cloudy and rainy. It was just too cold to get out and get anything more planted. I have gotten the potatoes, corn, squash and spinach planted. The potatoes are coming up and look good - those that are coming up that is - only half are peaking through so far. The corn starts are not looking too good, but I will keep hoping they'll come back when it gets warmer.

Well, the deer have wandered right through the corn and squash. There are a lot of deer around here, which is part of the beauty of living in Montana, but they are a big problem with gardens. It is very clear now that I should not plant anymore until we get the fencing up. I hope we can get the fence up soon, but until then I will just keep babying my plants in the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment