Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How far we've come

Here's a picture of what the land looked like before we started our garden:
 
The Dave borrowed a back hoe from a friend and dug about 15 rows, two feet deep. We took all the dirt that was dug up and sifted it for rocks, then put it back in the rows. We then took dirt we had and  mixed it with peat moss and sand, then filled the rows back up. It was a lot of work!!
We picked out a lot of rocks and weeds!! So we have a pile of dirt, pile of rocks, pile of weeds, pile of sand. This is the necessary part, but drives me crazy because of the 'mess.' The dirt and sand are going back into the garden, the weeds we will bur, and I'm trying to decide what to do with all these rocks!


Here is my newly planted herb ring. I have basil, oregano, thyme and sage right now. Also, planted spearmint in the pot since I read that it is invasive:

No comments:

Post a Comment