Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Warmth and Progress

This last weekend was beautiful! Warm and sunny, with a slight breeze, couldn't ask for better days. I got out into the garden about 7:30am Saturday. Made a herb bed (circle), widened some  beds, leveled the paths, cleaned up rocks at end of rows, mixed up some dirt, mowed. Whew!
Also took up the mission to pull all the dandelions in the yard, they were really starting to pile up. As of Sunday evening got most of them. It is my mission now to pluck everyone that I see with yellow flowers.

Sunday I planted several seeds; cucumber, zucchini, more corn, beans, lettuce. Feeling much better now. I have several others started; tomatoes, peppers, more corn, onions, but don't want to plant them until there is some sort of fencing up or I fear the deer will eat them the young starts in one walk through.

No comments:

Post a Comment